Share Your Story
- National Arts Marketing Project announced a call for success stories from arts marketers around the country for their new website feature, Profiles in Creativity. We submitted The Wooster Group’s story about creating their daily video blog!
- The deadline to submit to Tech Soup’s Annual Digital Storytelling Challenge is February 29th. Check out all the resources they’ve been posting about effective storytelling.
- The City Atlas is looking for stories and ideas for their bottom up sustainability plan for New York City.
- Submit your story to ArtsFwd!
- The days of looking into the crystal ball to plan for the future are history. Today, nothing is certain. According to the Center for Creative Leadership, innovative leadership is about turning away from past experiences and toward how to get to a desired future state.
- Doug Borwick at Arts Journal says an important strategy for leading community engagement is to “Shut Up and Listen.”
- PRX and the Knight Foundation recently announced their new Public Media Accelerator, a program to incubate innovative initiatives in public media. The program design includes: teams, funds, a residential retreat, experts and more. Sounds a lot like our Innovation Labs! We love it.
- Insight Labs is helping Chicago non-profits innovate by bringing together business executives, scholars, government officials, and others with a charity’s leaders for a three-hour strategy session to thrash out possible solutions to a tough issue the group faces.
New on ArtsFwd
- Video: New Dramatists: Empowering Our Writers. One of the country’s leading playwright centers explodes the power their residency program by inviting the playwrights to co-create their own experience.
- Podcast: Environmental Sustainability Made Tangible. Conservation ecologist Eric Sanderson and artist Mary Miss discuss their ambitious projects, which engage the public’s imagination in one of the greatest challenges of our generation: designing the sustainable city.
- Blog: Chamber Group Finds Success with For Profit LLC. Michael Dabroski, Co-Artistic Director of Burlington Ensemble, reached out to ArtsFwd last month to let us know about his success with a new innovative for-profit chamber ensemble model. In this post, he tells the story in his own words.
- Blog: Recent Reads: Changing Lives: Gustavo Dudamel, El Sistema, and the Transformative Power of Music. Dudamel just won a Grammy! Trace his roots to the pioneering Venezuelan music program El Sistema.
- Blog: B-Corps: A New Tool in the Innovator’s Tool Belt? Blogging Fellow Eleanor Whitney talks with John Casey, an expert in nonprofit policy and an Associate Professor in the School of Public Affairs at Baruch College, about the potential benefits and drawbacks of B-Corps.