EmcArts seeks an NYC based Associate Editor Intern for ArtsFwd. Must have strong writing and editing skills, and a passion for sharing stories of bold experimentation in organizational practice.
Associate Editor Intern for ArtsFwd.org
EmcArts Inc (New York NY)
EmcArts, a social enterprise and service organization, seeks an Associate Editor Intern for ArtsFwd, a website about organizational innovation and adaptive change in arts and culture organizations. The position is located at EmcArts offices in New York City.
Our ideal candidate will have strong writing and editing skills, be detail-oriented, enjoy connecting with arts leaders, and share our passion for sharing stories of bold experimentation in organizational practice.
- Work hand-in-hand with Director of Activating Innovation to create and maintain editorial deadlines
- Participate in bi-weekly conference calls to discuss post ideas and assignments
- Assist with writing, proofreading, and editing posts
- Follow relevant news, blogs, and events in order to write bi-weekly Round Up posts
- Write at least one original blog post
- Contribute to ArtsFwd and EmcArts social media
- Contribute to community engagement efforts
- Assist in managing guest bloggers
- Assist in selecting media (photos, videos) for posts
- Assist in launch of ArtsFwd 2.0 updated website
- Assist in maintaining contacts database
- Communicate regularly with Director of Activating Innovation and Communications Manager
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of and interest in new media, web technologies, and content management systems
- Ability to be a communicator and connector
- Active in social media
- Energetic team worker who also has ability to work independently
- Passion for the non-profit arts sector, organizational dynamics, and the process of innovation
This is an opportunity to contribute a significant new resource for arts practitioners, funders, arts management students, arts academics, bloggers, funders, policy makers, innovation experts and other users. EmcArts is a leading authority on organizational innovation in the arts, yet we remain curious, open and encouraging of exploration of new ideas. We are seeking to cultivate a community of users who share these characteristics. Our overall aim with ArtsFwd.org is to move the dialogue about the vital importance of innovation from the margins to the center of discourse about the future of our field.
- 16 hours minimum per week from November 1, 2012 – February 31, 2013
- Associate Editor Intern will be paid a weekly stipend of $250
- Professional writing and editing experience
- Exposure to small, dedicated staff of enterprising arts service organization
- Opportunities for growth and future engagement with EmcArts and ArtsFwd
Application Closing Date: Friday October 26, 2012
To apply, please send a cover letter that succinctly and specifically describes:
- why you are interested in working on ArtsFwd
- your relevant experience
- one post you found intriguing on ArtsFwd and what you took away from reading it
Send cover letter, resume, and a relevant writing sample to kmangu-ward@Emcarts.org.